Copyright and Protected
If a site discloses that any protected material has been copied illegally there, please don't link to that site.
- * Please limit excerpts and translations to 250 words or less for full articles or books.
* For short articles, please limit the post to a brief sentence or two or an overview without quote.
* When quoting an article on the Internet, include a link to the original. When quoting traditional printed material, cite the publication/article title and author.
- * Only links to sites listed below that host downloads may be posted; downloadable links themselves are not permitted.
* Do not link to a YouTube ballet video unless you have a discussion point to make about the contents.
* Following is a list of the type of sites from which a link to download is allowed on Ballet Alert!:
- > Official Company, festival, and competition sites
> Publisher/distributor sites[list]Ex: Deutsche Grammophon, Sony, Miramax, VAI, Arthaus Musik
- Ex: Elite Dance Management
- Ex: http://www.yo-yoma.com/, where Sony’s copyright info is at the bottom of the homepage
- >> The site must indicate clearly that it is an official site.
>> The site must be substantial and not be simply a list of download files.
>> No fan or unofficial sites are allowed.
- Ex: amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, fnac.com, iTunes
- Ex: imdb.com, cinemovies.fr
- > A link to the homepage, with instructions on how to find the page on which the video download links appear or
> A link to the page on which the video download links appear.
- Ex: "Under 'Bande annonce' select your file format."
* Please note: these pages may change or be removed from the site, downloads will be removed as rights expire and/or are sold, and that instructions in these posts may become obsolete over time.
- > If you try to find a download or page and you find it is no longer available, you are welcome to note this on the thread or to notify a Moderator.
- * Cross-posting occasionally is fine with Ballet Alert!; however, you must check the rules of the other site before you do, and if cross-posting is allowed by the site, and you quote a poster from another board, you must have permission from that poster.
* When posting to and from another site which allows cross-posting, attribute the source site (Ballet Alert! or other) in your post.
* Do not post negative opinions about other sites.
* Cross-posting to drive traffic elsewhere is not allowed.
There are several forums in which specific tasks have been assigned:
- * The Links forum is for posting links to articles that appear in the press, and for noting any errata you find in them.
- > To comment or expand upon an issue raised in an article in Links, please open up a new thread in the appropriate forum (Dancers, Ballets, company forums, etc.) and begin a discussion.
> Please post announcements and changes to company websites in Heads Up!.
* If you find another link after the (current) day has gone by, feel free to add to to the thread for the date that it was published (usually listed on the page).
* Online publications often add stories to their websites throughout the day, and we are checking out for them and adding them over the day.
* Links from Asia are often dated a day ahead, due to time zone differences.
- * If the forum has at least one Moderator assigned, the Moderator is responsible for posting the official cast lists (or links to them) and for opening the weekly review threads.
- > Please don't do either, unless you've arranged this with the Moderator.