• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Paquita

Paquita

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 26 May 2001 - 02:27 PM

Xiao Nan Yu has been promoted to principal, and out of all the promotions I think she is deffinately the most deserving. Ryan Boorne and William Marrie are also principals now. Boorne has being doing lots of lead classical roles so I wasn't surprised. But I think M. Marrie needs to polish his technique a bit more for the big classical roles, he's excellent in the more modern repetory though. Richard Landry is promoted to first soloist. I haven't seen much of him this year, so I can't really comment. Tiffany Knight, Brenda Little, Je-an Salas and Piotr Stanczyk are promoted to second soloists. Good for all of them. Especially Salas, she has been in the corps for 7 years, and dances with a lot of spirit. I think what was previously holding her back from a promotion is that she is quite short and lacks the long line of a classical dancer, but she is a great dancer!
For the Erik Bruhn competition next year, corps member Heather Ogden and 2nd soloist Guillaume Cote will represent NBoC. Can't wait to find out who ABT, Royal, and Royal Danish are sending!

#2 Terry

Terry

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 May 2001 - 05:37 PM

I thought SFB was participating too?
Didn't they participate last time?

#3 BalletNut

BalletNut

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 May 2001 - 05:54 PM

Yes, they did, but as a substitute for the Royal Ballet.

#4 Taryn

Taryn

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2001 - 01:33 PM

I think that Xiao Nan Yu deserves it! I saw her in Toronto a few years ago and thought she was soo beautiful. It's about time!! Good for her!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):