91 replies to this topic

#91 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

Osipova fans, I need your help!

Does anybody know if she will be dancing in the super short ABT span at City Centre this fall, or in the regular ABT season spring 2013? Or any other shows in the U.S. in the next year?

I ask b/c I live in Seattle and bought Mikhailovsky @ Koch tickets to see her, which of course were refunded. Then I tried to catch her in La Bayadere on Memorial Day and Bright Stream two days later but sadly she was ill.

I am now considering flying over to see her in Firebird on June 23. Misty Copeland is dancing the matinee so I figured I could see her too. But airfares are horrendously expensive, so if there a good chance I can catch her next year I might wait. I noticed in the program it now says "Principal as of 2012", and she used to be listed "Guest Artist". But with all the changes at Mikhailovsky I'm afraid we can't count on anything.

Any insight would be much appreciated. Also I have not seen her since 2010 so if anybody has any observations on how she is evolving, I'd love to read!!!

If you didn't read the Bayadere reviews from ABT, you should. Most people felt she was great as Gamzatti. I have to say that I wasn't prepared for how she just ate up the scenery in a good way. When she was on stage you could not take your eyes off her. Her acting was as impressive as her dancing. I wrote in that topic thread that she countered her evil (which could have devolved into caricature) with longing love for Solor, so the whole thing worked at least for me.

#92 RUKen

RUKen

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:39 AM

Osipova fans, I need your help!

Does anybody know if she will be dancing in the super short ABT span at City Centre this fall, or in the regular ABT season spring 2013? Or any other shows in the U.S. in the next year?

She is listed as a principal with the company this year, rather than as a guest performer. Not all of the principals dance with ABT in their fall season, so it's hard to say whether Osipova will this year, but it seems likely at this point that she will be back for the regular spring season in 2013. Of course, the patrons of the Bolshoi must have had similar thoughts about her for 2012...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):