This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

OBT Exposed! 2005

XTX

If there are any Portland-area readers here, don't forget that OBT will be rehearsing under the big tent in the South park blocks starting tomorrow (Monday), August 29.

I think company class starts at 11:00; the OBT web site may have more details.

Edited on 8/29 to correct the start time. Yes, I found out the hard way.

I just received a copy of the most recent press release from OBT -- it will be posted to the site soon.

Here's the section about the roster:

This year, the OBT company will grow to 24 dancers from 21. There are eight new dancers, four from outside OBT (*) as well as four apprentices who have been promoted (**) into the company. In addition, there are 11 apprentices, four of whom were trained in the School (‡).

The 2005-06 dancers:

Candace Bouchard

Brennan Boyer*

Kester Cotton

Ansa Deguchi

Daniela (Martin) DeLoe

Paul De Strooper

Damian Drake

Jon Drake*

Cameron Giese*

Steven Houser**

Yuka Iino

Gavin Larsen

Mia Leimkuhler

Valerie Limbrunner

Kathi Martuza

Anne Mueller

Alison Roper

Brian Simcoe**

Rachel Simons**

Artur Sultanov

Emily Tedesco**

Scott Trumbo

Ronnie Underwood*

Holly Zimmerman

Apprentices:

Christopher Coffee

Carlos Cruz

James Fuller

Thomas Hirschy

Olga Krochik

Deirdre Lyons-Keefe‡

Shannon Maynor

Nancy Richer

Sam Rogers‡

Amanda Simnitt‡

Natalie Wilson‡

-------------------------------

Here are the bios of the new dancers:

BRENNAN BOYER, from Allentown, Pennsylvania, began dancing at the age of five. He received full scholarships to The Rock School, San Francisco Ballet School and the Pacific Northwest Ballet School. Upon completing his training, Brennan was invited to become an apprentice at PNB where he danced in many different ballets under the direction of Kent Stowell and Francia Russell. His favorite works include Stowell's Carmina Burana and Glen Tetley's Rite of Spring. This is his first season with OBT.

JON DRAKE began his training at the École de Danse in Hattiesburg, Missouri, and studied further at American Ballet Theatre, the Vienna State Opera Ballet School and the John Cranko School in Stuttgart, Germany. Prior to joining OBT this season, he performed as a principal dancer with Eugene Ballet/Ballet Idaho, dancing leading roles in Toni Pimble’s Peter Pan, Nutcracker and A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Previously, Jon performed with Ballet Oklahoma, Atlantic Southeast Ballet and the Deutsche Oper am Rhein in Dusseldorf.

Born in Texas, CAMERON GIESE began her ballet training at the age of eleven in Boise, Idaho, with Lisa Moon and Jeff and Cathy Giese. She studied for a year in Switzerland as an apprentice with Ballet Basel and attended summer programs at the National Ballet School of Canada and Houston Ballet Academy. This is her first year with OBT

Originally from California, RONNIE UNDERWOOD received his training from Tulsa School of Ballet, Ballet Hispanico in New York City and American Ballet Theatre. He danced as an apprentice with Tulsa Ballet Theatre and, at 19, joined Fort Worth/Dallas Ballet (now Texas Ballet Theater). Ronnie has danced principal roles in Giselle, Coppelia, Cinderella, The Nutcracker, Romeo and Juliet, Cleopatra and A Midsummer Night’s Dream, as well as leading roles in Le Corsaire, Swan Lake, Four Last Songs, Dracula, Moonbeams, Who Cares?, Serenade and Rubies. He also performed, courtesy of the United States Embassy, as a guest artist on tour with the critically acclaimed South African Ballet Theatre, dancing the role of the Prince in The Sleeping Beauty. This is his first season with OBT.

I just received a copy of the most recent press release from OBT

Yep, I just saw that, too, but you beat me to the forum. :) Thanks for posting this, Helene!

:excl: :excl: I was wrong about the time. They're starting barre at 11:00 each day this week. :excl: :excl: