• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:41 PM

I am truly enjoying this -- both Ms Homes initial responses, and the Q&A. Many thanks to all involved!

#17 Solor

Solor

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 02:03 AM

The best info on the St. Petersburg notators is found in Roland John Wiley's "Dances from Russia: An Introduction to the Sergejev [sic] Collection," published in the Harvard Library Bulletin, January 1976.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has this been published anywhere? How can one get a hold of this to read?

#18 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:01 AM

The Harvard Library Bulletin is the principal professional library journal published by the Houghton Library at Harvard University. For hardcopy single issues, purchase from the Periodicals Service Company:

http://www.periodica...h/ttl03751.html

To borrow and read, simply consult your local library for interlibrary loan.

#19 John-Michael

John-Michael

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:26 PM

Does anyone have any info on the forband in Act II that Birbanto leads? A friend of mine thought it was a croviak. Is the forband a Norwegian dance? An internet search brought up some Norwegian sites but I don't read Norwegian :)

#20 leonid

leonid

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:04 AM

Does anyone have any info on the forband in Act II that Birbanto leads? A friend of mine thought it was a croviak. Is the forband a Norwegian dance? An internet search brought up some Norwegian sites but I don't read Norwegian :clapping:

There is a traditional French Breton song called Le Forban ie pirate,buccaneer, corsair. I have heard a recorded version which has a swaying mode like the movement of a ship at sea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):