This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Anna Marie Holmes Answers Questions on Le Corsaire

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 sandik

sandik

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:41 PM

I am truly enjoying this -- both Ms Homes initial responses, and the Q&A. Many thanks to all involved!

#17 Solor

Solor

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 02:03 AM

The best info on the St. Petersburg notators is found in Roland John Wiley's "Dances from Russia: An Introduction to the Sergejev [sic] Collection," published in the Harvard Library Bulletin, January 1976.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has this been published anywhere? How can one get a hold of this to read?

#18 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:01 AM

The Harvard Library Bulletin is the principal professional library journal published by the Houghton Library at Harvard University. For hardcopy single issues, purchase from the Periodicals Service Company:

http://www.periodica...h/ttl03751.html

To borrow and read, simply consult your local library for interlibrary loan.

#19 John-Michael

John-Michael

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:26 PM

Does anyone have any info on the forband in Act II that Birbanto leads? A friend of mine thought it was a croviak. Is the forband a Norwegian dance? An internet search brought up some Norwegian sites but I don't read Norwegian :)

#20 leonid17

leonid17

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:04 AM

Does anyone have any info on the forband in Act II that Birbanto leads? A friend of mine thought it was a croviak. Is the forband a Norwegian dance? An internet search brought up some Norwegian sites but I don't read Norwegian :clapping:

There is a traditional French Breton song called Le Forban ie pirate,buccaneer, corsair. I have heard a recorded version which has a swaying mode like the movement of a ship at sea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):