This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Blog Question

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 05:08 AM

Good news! Regarding Hugh Laing, I can't remember reading much specific, either. Just a line or two, always saying the same thing -- tremendous stage presence. But not much of him as a dancer. So I'll be especially eager to read what you have to say about him!

#17 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:26 AM

I started up my blog today---but I know I am doing something wrong---because I do not like the way it looks---the page is too crowded--help.!

#18 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:29 AM

I can't see anything that could be changed, atm. I took the coding out (probably put in automatically when you copied in the entry). It's a wide box, I think the size of our post boxes. One thing that you could do to make it look less crowded is to paragraph often -- every two or three sentences. Yes, it's awful, but it's what newspapers are doing now. The topic sentence is one of the many casualties of the modern era!!

#19 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:15 AM

Thanks, I am relieved I am doing it correctly...About Laing---most of the entries are:

Laing, Hugh---tantrums of....sex life of...blackmail of....ugh.

#20 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:24 AM

Well, were his tantrums well placed, or off-center? :blush:

#21 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:25 AM

If you'd like to fit more on the page, you can set the "Limit the entry size on main Blog page" from My Controls/Your Blog Settings, in the "Customize the look of your Blog" section.

The default is "0," so that each entry appears on the page in its entirety. If you set it to a number > 0, that is the number of characters that will appear on the main page, with a little "More" link in the bottom left. Once the "more" link is clicked, the entire entry appears as a page. 1000 characters is about 2 inches of screen space. While it won't make it any less crowded -- I suspect the settings were copied off the main board -- it will break up the page because each topic will have a header bar, making it easier to find a particular entry, and what shows will provide a "teaser" to the rest of the post.

You can tweak the number of characters displayed on the main page, or you can go back to the default by changing the setting back to "0."

I'm so grateful that you are putting your blog back up. It is a treasure.

#22 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:25 AM

As an FYI the "Favorites" functionality -- clicking the little "heart" to the right of the blog name, works in Mac OS X with Firefox and Safari.

If at least one blog is marked "favorite" and at least one blog is not, the favorites will be listed first, and a separator bar will appear between favorites and non-favorites.

#23 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:15 AM

...it is very lonesome here in Blogville.... :dunno:

#24 Ed McPherson

Ed McPherson

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:14 PM

i dont think i can add to the population of blogsville, but I do have a blog down the road in blogsburgh :thanks:

I like to present and editorialize on aspects of the nations ballet news that interest me most. Somewhat like the links thread here. I'd like to think its worth checking out :D

http://blog.edwardmcpherson.com

#25 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:47 PM

i dont think i can add to the population of blogsville, but I do have a blog down the road in blogsburgh  :blush:

I like to present and editorialize on aspects of the nations ballet news that interest me most. Somewhat like the links thread here. I'd like to think its worth checking out  :D

http://blog.edwardmcpherson.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I clicked, but nothing happened. Could you check the link please?

#26 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:57 PM

The link is working for me.

#27 Hans

Hans

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 07:01 AM

Ed's link works for me, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):