This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Kirov in LA Sleeping Beauty tix on sale

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#16 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:59 PM

Apologies - off topic :)
Hi NYSusan :flowers:!  Sorry for my late reply... 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not at all - thanks for taking the time to help me with this. It can be very tricky trying to get the lay of the land in a city you're not familiar with, and I am very grateful for your help.

The Biltmore seems to be the best location but the best prices I can find there,at the Marriott or the Westin Boneventure are still pretty high & require prepayment. To keep my options open I made a reservation at the Standard for $130 a night with no prepayment or cancellation penalty while I make up my mind. Too bad the Kawada didn't work out at $78 per night but that was just too good to be true & The Standard sounds like a very cool hotel.

I do hope to make this trip, I'm thinking I'll probably get tickets for the first 2 nights. Hopefully you'll be going to at least one of those performances - cause I'd love to buy you a pre-performance drink to express my gratitude for all your help!!!

Susan :)

#17 Andre Yew

Andre Yew

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:43 AM

I'm going to try to be there for all 5 performances. Anyone wanting to say "Hi!", our usual meeting spot during intermission is the Nureyev statue in the lobby of Chandler.

--Andre

#18 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:29 AM

Has anyone heard any updated casting info? I suspect that there have been some changes but they're not reflected on either the Music Center or Ardani's website. Any of our Kirov watchers have the scoop?

#19 Cygnet

Cygnet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 12:20 PM

Has anyone heard any updated casting info? I suspect that there have been some changes but they're not reflected on either the Music Center or Ardani's website. Any of our Kirov watchers have the scoop?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Per Berkeley's website, Diana and Uliana are getting two evening performances in the same cast: Opening night and another night. Re casting for Aurora and Lilac, my educated guess for L.A. (and the entire Fall tour), would be the same rotation as Berkeley.

#20 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:06 PM

Thanks Cygnet. I'm asking because I saw revised casting for SF on ballet.co's website. It shows Somova dancing instead of Sologub for the 3rd performance and Pavlenko as the Lilac Fairy in the second. I was reluctant to post that here because even though it looks like a press release, it doesn't explicitly say that it is a press release, and the Zellerback & Ardani websites still have the original casting up. So, I was hoping someone would be able to confirm the changes, and maybe have updated casting for LA. I'm still hoping to make it to LA for the first 2 performances.

#21 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,407 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:50 PM

According to this press release from Berkeley (dated 31 August 2005), the casting is as follows:

10/12: Vishneva/Zelensky/Lopatkina/Petrov
10/13: Nivikova/Sarafanov/Pavlenko/Skripkin
10/14: Somova/Fadeev/Esina/Petrov
10/15m: Nioradze/Korsakov/Vostrotina/Skripkin
10/15e: Vishneva/Kolb/Lopatkina/Petrov
10/16: Ocmolkina/Sarafanov/Nioradze/TBD

http://cpinfo.berkel...rovBalletPR.pdf

#22 art076

art076

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:12 PM

Hopefully they will update the LA casting soon! Olesia Novikova was a fantastic Gulnara in Le Corsaire during the Kirov's Washington engagement this summer; she's currently listed for the Sunday matinee in Los Angeles, so keep an eye out for when she is dancing. The innocence and verve of her Gulnara point the way towards a wonderfully bright Aurora.

Now that I'm back from Washington (and staying back from Washington) I finally bought my LA tickets. It'd be nice to see anyone attending at the Nureyev statue, as Andre said a few posts up!

#23 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:40 AM

Hopefully they will update the LA casting soon!  Olesia Novikova was a fantastic Gulnara in Le Corsaire during the Kirov's Washington engagement this summer; she's currently listed for the Sunday matinee in Los Angeles, so keep an eye out for when she is dancing.  The innocence and verve of her Gulnara point the way towards a wonderfully bright Aurora.

Now that I'm back from Washington (and staying back from Washington) I finally bought my LA tickets.  It'd be nice to see anyone attending at the Nureyev statue, as Andre said a few posts up!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I've made my reservations so I'll be there for the first 2 nights regardless of the casting! See you at the statue. With the running time listed at 3 hours and 40 minutes I expect we'll be enjoying some nice, long Russian intermissions.
Susan

#24 drb

drb

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 06:16 PM

In answer to a specific inquiry, Diana Vishneva says, on her website today, that she will be dancing Aurora in LA on October 5 and 8. In response to another specific inquiry, she will NOT be dancing in Detroit on October 20.

#25 chiapuris

chiapuris

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:33 AM

In response to another specific inquiry, she [Vishneva] will NOT be dancing in Detroit on October 20.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any information, drb or Helene, on who will be dancing on the 20th in Detroit?

#26 richard53dog

richard53dog

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 07:11 AM

In answer to a specific inquiry, Diana Vishneva says, on her website today, that she will be dancing Aurora in LA on October 5 and 8.  In response to another specific inquiry, she will NOT be dancing in Detroit on October 20.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just looked at her site. I guess it's a bit ambiguous but she's asked about the October 20 performance, the person asking says if she is dancing midweek, he will go down otherwise he will go down on the weekend.

Her answer is that she will not be dancing in Detroit. I'm interpreting that to mean the 10/23 performance as well as the 10/20.

She mentions she will be in Berlin for a SB premiere on 10/26 and 10/28 which was an earlier contract. 10/23 in Detroit and a Berlin premiere on 10/26 is I guess do-able but wow, that's cutting it close.

I could be reading this wrong, I guess I would suggest to anyone that wants to see her specifically rather than the MT in general should check with the theater in Detroit.

Richard

#27 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:45 AM

If this is true, then it's a real nasty bait-and-switch on the part of the Kirov. They probably knew well in advance that Diana could not dance in Detroit, but put her name up anyway to sell tickets :wink: Diana was the reason I really wanted to see the Kirov, as Sleeping Beauty really isn't my favorite ballet, and I don;t like the Sergeyev production. But Diana is a goddess. Anyway I'm sorry that once again the Kirov announcements have proved to be worthless.

#28 chiapuris

chiapuris

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:36 AM

If this is true, then it's a real nasty bait-and-switch on the part of the Kirov.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I called the Ardani office in NYC this morning, their number given to me by the Detroit Opera House (who had no information on casting). The person answering said she is dancing on the 20th and 23rd. When I mentioned that Ms Vishneva's website states that she will not appear in Detroit, he told me that no matter what her site says, she is scheduled to appear and she will be dancing-- unless there is a last-minute reason for canceling. I thanked him and hung up.

#29 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:20 AM

If Vishneva is not dancing in Detroit, any idea on who would replace her?

#30 Cygnet

Cygnet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:37 AM

If Vishneva is not dancing in Detroit, any idea on who would replace her?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They'd probably cast Somova, Novikova, Osmolkina or Nioradze - in that order.
If I had my druthers, my fantasy is Pavlenko as Aurora. Fortune favors the prepared. She could step in if they'd let her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):