drb

Evgenia Obraztsova

106 posts in this topic

She already danced it at the Bolshoi. Type "Obraztsova Nutcracker" into Youtube and you will find some clips.

Thanks for the hint!

I viewed the one that she commented about the dance. Maximova was held up by Vasiliev in one hand and he walked several steps with her. The view was spectacular. Too bad her partner isn't able to do it. Her size is like Maximova's. If he is as good as Vasiliev, I think he would have done it.

She seems to have better steps and spins than Maximova did in the 1987 video. Of course, Maximova was too old at that time. When she was younger, I guess her steps and spins were just as good as Obraztsova's.

I wish Obraztsova's full-length video can be had soon. I mean the Nutcracker. It is available yet?

She seems to have better steps and spins than Maximova did in the 1987 video. Of course, Maximova was too old at that time. When she was younger, I guess her steps and spins were just as good as Obraztsova's.

They were better: Maximova's footwork was legendary. By the way, the "1987 video" was filmed a few years earlier (I was in there).

Obraztsova recently delivered twins!  Congratulations to Genya and her husband, sculptor Andrei Korobtsev!

*Edited to add:  She had girls. 

Edited by Cygnet