This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Evgenia Obraztsova

drb

She already danced it at the Bolshoi. Type "Obraztsova Nutcracker" into Youtube and you will find some clips.

Thanks for the hint!

I viewed the one that she commented about the dance. Maximova was held up by Vasiliev in one hand and he walked several steps with her. The view was spectacular. Too bad her partner isn't able to do it. Her size is like Maximova's. If he is as good as Vasiliev, I think he would have done it.

She seems to have better steps and spins than Maximova did in the 1987 video. Of course, Maximova was too old at that time. When she was younger, I guess her steps and spins were just as good as Obraztsova's.

I wish Obraztsova's full-length video can be had soon. I mean the Nutcracker. It is available yet?

She seems to have better steps and spins than Maximova did in the 1987 video. Of course, Maximova was too old at that time. When she was younger, I guess her steps and spins were just as good as Obraztsova's.

They were better: Maximova's footwork was legendary. By the way, the "1987 video" was filmed a few years earlier (I was in there).

32 minutes ago, Drew said:

I have no idea why the Bolshoi casts the way it does, but I should think Ratmansky had some say in the matter of the Bolshoi premier of his ballet as well as its casting overall. And he has worked with Krysanova before ...

Yes, as far as I can tell, Krysanova dances every Ratmansky ballet currently in the Bolshoi's repertoire, and her great leap forward--debuts as Aurora, the Lilac Fairy, Cinderella, Lyuska, Gamzatti, Zina, Odette-Odile--took place in 2006, when Ratmansky was director, so it's fair to say that he has long been interested in her dancing. 

That a number of Bolshoi principals have poor relations with Vaziev also seems obvious enough. I have read at least two interviews in which Alexandrova and Lantratov have said so quite plainly. And I am ready to believe that others feel the same way but may not be willing to say so publicly. It has to be said, though, that even setting aside a prolonged injury in 2014 and her pregnancy leave, Obraztsova wasn't getting a whole lot of stage time under Filin either, even though he was the one who hired her.

This turned up on youtube today...no date of performance given but it's described as a guest appearance in Perm. Many people reading this thread may have seen the video already, but if anyone who likes Obraztsova's dancing --or is just curious about her dancing--hasn't seen it ...well, I can't recommend highly enough:

Edited by Drew

Just posting here in case anyone knows definitely, but I was at the Bolshoi to see Obraztsova/Volchkov in Onegin on 4th, and they were replaced by Goryacheva/Rodkin.  Actually, both were excellent, particularly Rodkin, but I missed seeing Genia as Tatiana.  In one of her Instagram posts she implies she is ill.  Hope nothing serious?