This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Evgenia Obraztsova

drb

But Part is a very different kind of dancer than Obratsova. Obratsova is a soubrette, and the ABT is notably short of soubrettes. There's Reyes, but that's about it. Obratsova would be a great Juliet, Giselle, Aurora, Swanilda, Raymonda.

I was just going through the casting for the upcoming month at the Bolshoi, when I came by Evgenia Obraztsova's name as dancing Kitri on the 16th of October opposite Vladislav Lantratov.

She is also listed on the 'Guest Stars' page (in fact, she's the only one listed there)

In the same performance, Olga Smirnova will debut in the second grand pas variation (and her first performance with the Bolshoi will be a few days earlier in the Swan Lake pas de trois)

So apparently Evgenia is getting some more (deserved!) stage time, thank you Mr. Filin! :clapping:

She is indeed a unique Juliet :clapping::flowers:. In addition to her guest "Don Q" with the Bolshoi October 16, she will be dancing "Ondine" at the Mariinsky this Friday evening. Pierre Lacotte chose her for this role when he produced it for the Mariinsky, and it was this role that earned her the Golden Mask Award. On October 30 she will be dancing Columbine in "Carnaval" at the Mariinsky Concert Hall, and she ends the year on December 29 and 30 at

the Megaron in Athens as Odette/Odile to Igor Kolb's Siegfried as a guest of Moscow's Kremlin Ballet.

Natalia originally posted here:

Evgenia Obraztsova is one of the 8 female ballerina-stars of a new Russian TV weekly dancing series called "BOLERO" (Rosiya 1 channel) which pairs famous male figure skaters with star-ballerinas from Moscow or St Petersburg...

I've split off the posts about BOLERO to create a topic of its own, found here:

Thank you, Natalia!

I was just going through the casting for the upcoming month at the Bolshoi, when I came by Evgenia Obraztsova's name as dancing Kitri on the 16th of October opposite Vladislav Lantratov.

She is also listed on the 'Guest Stars' page (in fact, she's the only one listed there)

In the same performance, Olga Smirnova will debut in the second grand pas variation (and her first performance with the Bolshoi will be a few days earlier in the Swan Lake pas de trois)

So apparently Evgenia is getting some more (deserved!) stage time, thank you Mr. Filin! clapping.gif

Some clips from Evgenia's guest appearance with the Bolshoi last month.

Finally clips of her Odette have surfaced on YT on this channel:

http://www.youtube.c...l?feature=watch

Thought I would post about it here for others who might have wanted to see it smile.png They posted 6 clips including Odile, just including 2 in this post so it is not too long for the forum page.

I personally think she did a lovely job and if given the chance she could certainly keep developing in this role. I don't find it hard to accept someone short as O/O though (it seems some do)... people accept really tall Auroras so why not... smile.png

I personally think she did a lovely job and if given the chance she could certainly keep developing in this role. I don't find it hard to accept someone short as O/O though (it seems some do)... people accept really tall Auroras so why not... smile.png

Not sure that I like Odette's foot on Siegfried head at 1:24 in clip 2.

Obraztsova is a magnificent Odette/Odile. PERFECT! The line is so gorgeous that the height hardly matters (a-la Makarova). Not sure if posted elsewhere but Obraztsova was nominated for the Benois de la Danse yesterday, for various of her recent Boshoi debuts, the only ballerina from any Russian company to have made the list. BRAVA!!! Award ceremony on May 22. Yuri Grigorovich heads the jury.

Thanks for the heads up, elena! Evgenia looked beautiful. I hope she will be given the opportunity to continue to grow in the role. smile.png
After her April 23 debut last year, she appeared as O/O with Moscow's Kremlin Ballet at the Athens Megaron on December 29 and 30, 2011. Her Siegfried was the Mariinsky's Igor Kolb. Now that she's a Principal Dancer with the Bolshoi, she will no doubt acquire Grigorovich's O/O and access the Bolshoi's classical and modern repertory. Her coach is former Bolshoi Prima, Madame Ludmila Semenyaka.
...Not sure if posted elsewhere but Obraztsova was nominated for the Benois de la Danse yesterday, for various of her recent Boshoi debuts, the only ballerina from any Russian company to have made the list. BRAVA!!! Award ceremony on May 22. Yuri Grigorovich heads the jury.
This is her second Benois nomination. This nomination is for her Bolshoi debut as Kitri in October 2011. This happened two weeks before the reopening gala; at which time she was listed as the Bolshoi’s sole Guest Principal Artist for the 2011-2012 season. She was officially listed as a Bolshoi Principal on January 1. Her first Benois nomination was for the role of Syuimbike in the Mariinsky's revival of Leonid Jacobson's ballet "Shuraleh," a few years ago during their International Ballet Festival.

Obraztsova debuts as Aspicia, the leading role in the Lacotte recon of Petipa's La Fille du Pharaon, on July 13 at the Bolshoi:

http://www.bolshoi.r...#20120713190000

The following day, Olga Smirnova (Vaganova 2011 graduate!) has her own debut as Aspicia, adding to her ever-expanding list of principal roles. Amazing for someone just 12 months out of school!!!

Back to Obraztsova: The subtitle of this thread ("Mariinsky ballerina") should be changed. Obrazsova became Principal Ballerina of the Bolshoi Theater 6 months ago.

Very glad to see that Pharaoh's Daughter is becoming a staple in the Bolshoi's repertoire. That means that for a whole generation of very young dancers and audiences, Aspicia will be seen and danced along Odette, Aurora and Giselle. Hopefully she will make the trip overseas at one point.

During one of the intermission segments of the Bolshoi's broadcast of Raymonda this spring, the presenter (Ms. Novikova, I believe) was talking about the fact that the Pharoah's Daughter would be an upcoming broadcast in the fall of 2012. She mentioned that the Bolshoi is the only ballet company that performs this work.

Thank you Rosa for posting that. Tee choreography is in many passages SO BEAUTIFUL -- and so difficult -- it really reveals Obrastzova's modesty and greatness of heart, to see how scrupulously and generously she moves through these paces.

Ashton contrived a more wonderful entrance -- never was there ever a more wonderful entrance than Cinderella's floating descent of that precipitous staircase -- but Sergeyev's dances are more moving and more expressive and no less exacting than Ashton's.

I'd never seen this version before - -and I can't imagine a better case being made for it.