This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Which Dead Ballet Choreographer Are You?

BalletNut

Which Dead Ballet Choreographer are you?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which Dead Ballet Choreographer are you?

• Ashton
    • Balanchine
    • Bournonville
    • Fokine
    • MacMillan
    • Petipa

"You are Marius Petipa! The epitome of classicism, you are the most famous ballet choreographer, and most of these other choreographers wouldn't have gotten where they are without you, even if today's dancers think your codas are an excuse for gymnastics."

I hoped to be Fokine, but Petipa is ok.

"I accidentally say obscene things in Russian " :wink:

"You are Frederick Ashton! As the greatest English choreographer, your restrained classical style is always appropriate. Unfortunately, the Royal Ballet has ignored you for too long and can no longer dance your style."

:wink:

Oh my goodness! I can't believe you managed to dig up that quiz. I wrote it something like...three years ago! Thank you BalletNut! :wink:

There were plans for a "Which living ballet choreographer are you?" quiz, but I only know about the dead ones. Perhaps Leigh could help?

For additional fun, anyone who hasn't seen it before can also take my Which Ballet Teaching Method Are You? quiz, also on quizilla.

"You are Mikhail Fokine, member of an elite group of artists called the Ballets Russes. Your ballets are always beautifully decorated and choreographically interesting, but you are one of the most neglected 20th century choreographers. At least they'll always do "Les Sylphides!""

I gave the quiz a 5, Hans!

"You are August Bournonville! You created some of the most well-crafted ballets in the repertoire with your emphasis on technical restraint and mime. Now if only the Royal Danish Ballet could remember how to mime."

If only...

But I didn't know Bournonville occasionally cursed in Russian :)

You are Marius Petipa! The epitome of classicism, you are the most famous ballet choreographer, and most of these other choreographers wouldn't have gotten where they are without you, even if today's dancers think your codas are an excuse for gymnastics.

:thanks: It was fun!

I must have multiple personalities, because (after several attempts at the survey) I came up with Balanchine, Petipa, Fokine, and a few others not even on the list of choices, including Robbins.

You are Marius Petipa!  The epitome of classicism,<br>you are the most famous ballet choreographer, and most of these other choreographers wouldn't have gotten where they are without you, even if today's dancers think your codas are an excuse for gymnastics.

Interesting. I was hoping Tudor was on the list but he wasn't. I kind of like to make my characters real people rather than cartoon images for lack of a better word.