This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Faux Pas on filmIncredibly misbegotten dances

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:31 PM

I remember an episode of the Tom Selleck Series Magnum, P.I. in which he was hired to guard a ballerina, played by Andrea Marcovicci, who is now a cabaret singer, with some pretty awful ballet sequences.

#17 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 02:59 PM

I can also recall an episode of the old TV series Ben Casey which dealt with a defecting Russian ballerina. Susan Oliver played the dancer, and while there were some long shots of a blonde girl dancing, and not badly, I could swear that that dancer was Zina Bethune. When they cut to a close shot of Oliver, dressed in a tutu, and not looking bad in it, you could tell that instead of bourrées, she was walking sideways. That's far from the worst I've seen, though.

#18 FauxPas

FauxPas

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 05:43 AM

One camp classic with a few ballet sequences is "Salome, Where She Danced" with Yvonne De Carlo and David Bruce from 1945.

IMDB entry for Salome, Where she Danced

There is an "under the sea" nymph ballet with Yvonne de Carlo dancing on pointe. Quite a sight!

Faux Pas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):