This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Dance Theater of Harlem: current status?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bart

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:51 PM

It's interesting to re-read the Kennedy Center's October 2004 press release announcing the Kirov's "Corsaire" engagement, coming up next week. 

I just read this in a posting having to do with Kirov/Corsaire. I know a bit about recent DTH problems, but had the impression that things were getting better. Anyone know the story behind (and timeframe) behind this cancellation? Or prospects for a return next year?

DTH was one of my favorite companies when residing in NYC -- and Arthur Mitchell (whom I watched long ago with NYCB at City Center) is, in my book, one of the finest dancers, ambassadors, company leaders, and gentlemen in American ballet.

#2 E Johnson

E Johnson

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:13 PM

While DTH's school is running again, the company is, I am pretty sure, still on "hiatus."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):