This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Pointe Magazine

Guest dance4life

Guest dance4life

Hello:

Has anyoneread, or subscribed to "Pointe Magazine"? I want too, but I would like to know if its worth it? Also, has anyone seen it in stores?? :confused:

Here in tampa bay Florida we have it at Barnes and Noble's I get it every once in awhile. This month has some beautiful pictures of ballerinas in their favorite tutus! I also like the monthly feature that shows what many prominent ballerinas keep in their dance bags :)

I highly recommend Pointe. I have purchased/subscribed and avidly read every issue. The general audience of the magazine does seem to be for younger (yet, mature) readers, but in this aspect it does report some helpful and interesting information. Such as their columns on what's in "dancer's name" dance bag and fridge. In an art where knowledge is aquired through the generations and from personal experience, I find articles such of these helpful to those of us who do not have these "live resources" at our fingertips. There are also beautiful pictures and (what seems to be) unbaised articles on companies, schools, performances, etc.