Pointe Magazine

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dance4life_*

Guest_dance4life_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 25 August 2001 - 10:25 PM

Hello:
Has anyoneread, or subscribed to "Pointe Magazine"? I want too, but I would like to know if its worth it? Also, has anyone seen it in stores?? :confused:

#2 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 August 2001 - 11:17 PM

I have not seen it in stores, Stephanie, but I have read the magazine. I think it is a very good one for young dancers!

#3 julip

julip

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 August 2001 - 12:42 PM

locally (in the seattle area) they do carry it at borders books and music. borders actually has a pretty good selection of dance related magazines, books, and video/dvds.

#4 Ellis

Ellis

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 August 2001 - 01:02 PM

Here in tampa bay Florida we have it at Barnes and Noble's I get it every once in awhile. This month has some beautiful pictures of ballerinas in their favorite tutus! I also like the monthly feature that shows what many prominent ballerinas keep in their dance bags :)

#5 Ellis

Ellis

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 August 2001 - 01:04 PM

Oh and i forgot to add, I believe there is a thing in this issue about the different styles of buns, and other ways to wear you hair.

#6 Juliet

Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 27 August 2001 - 06:51 PM

I think it is well done, overall, and you could certainly get an idea of whether or not you'd like to subscribe by checking their website, [url="http://"http://www.pointemagazine.com"]www.pointemagazine.com[/url]

#7 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,126 posts

Posted 28 August 2001 - 12:33 PM

It's a nice magazine, aimed generally at younger readers, and the pics are great. Last time I checked, the subscription price was very reasonable.

#8 koshka_jete

koshka_jete

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 August 2001 - 11:16 PM

I highly recommend Pointe. I have purchased/subscribed and avidly read every issue. The general audience of the magazine does seem to be for younger (yet, mature) readers, but in this aspect it does report some helpful and interesting information. Such as their columns on what's in "dancer's name" dance bag and fridge. In an art where knowledge is aquired through the generations and from personal experience, I find articles such of these helpful to those of us who do not have these "live resources" at our fingertips. There are also beautiful pictures and (what seems to be) unbaised articles on companies, schools, performances, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):