• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sylvia

sylvia

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 May 2001 - 07:14 AM

I read Gelsey Kirkland's books some time ago, and I was curious to know what became of Sevillano. I read recently that she's ready to "return" to dancing. When did she stop, and why? Did she achieve great success? There's really a huge gap in info between Kirkland's "Shape of love" and the last report that I read.

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,246 posts

Posted 10 May 2001 - 09:17 AM

I liked Sevillano very much when she was with English National Ballet. She left there to come to Boston Ballet where she danced for a few years, then left, "disappeared," and resurfaced in London, doing a few performances of "Daphnis and Chloe" with the Royal -- and everyone raved about her. I, too, would like to know what she's doing now.

#3 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 10 May 2001 - 09:43 AM

i saw some fairly recent photos of her dancing giselle, with, i think, victor ullate's company. she looked very nice.

#4 sylvia

sylvia

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 May 2001 - 11:03 AM

I found them too. She does look good. When I said there's a lack of info on her, I meant to say English! Anyone who can read spanish (I haven't in about 7 years) can read to their heart's content. :)

#5 Lovebird

Lovebird

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 May 2001 - 12:39 PM

Trinidad Sevillano is a Spanish ballerina who was trained by Victor Ullate.She danced with the English National,Royal Ballet,and the Boston Ballet.Recently she participated in a gala in Spain dancing Black Swan.She also danced a new production of Giselle by Victor Ullate.Ullate also recently choreographed a piece for her called Solas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):