This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Dancers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Perfect Performer

Perfect Performer

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 August 2001 - 09:06 PM

I Found thios book at the Library, While searching for another book. It is basically for anybody. Its called, "Striking a Balance, Dancers talk about Dancing." By Barbera Newman. I Found it very interesting, Though it is a old book, It was written in th 70's. The Dancers she interview include:
Felia Doubrovska
Serge Lifar
Igor Youskevitch
Merrill Ashley
Christine Sarry
Desmond Kelly
And More! I Found it very interesting!!
That sounded alittle like an Advertisment!!!

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,861 posts

Posted 20 August 2001 - 03:25 AM

"Striking a Balance" is a terrific book. There's a second edition, available in paperback, with more interviews and an update on the dancers interviewed.

#3 Perfect Performer

Perfect Performer

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 August 2001 - 06:30 PM

Yes, That is the one I'm talking about, I Believe. It is the revised edition.

#4 Guest_justDANCE_*

Guest_justDANCE_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 22 August 2001 - 06:01 PM

I read the old book I think, and it was pretty interesting. I think the new one sounds better though, because I felt the old one was...well, old and outdated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):