This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Volkova 100

An old dancer from London called Frank Andersen a couple weeks ago and asked him if the RDB was doing anything for Volkova who would have been 100 next week.

Andersen apparently told him they'd already thought about that and it had been decided to dedicate the opening night performance of the festival to her ... But I haven't heard anything since. Can anybody tell me if they did, or was it just one of those things one says in a situation like that?

Thanks.

I hope Effy or Natalia or Jorgen will see this and answer -- I haven't read about a dedication speech, but there may well have been a line in the program.

Let me take this opportunity to say that Alexander is the author of a biography of Vera Volkova ("Vera Volkova, En dans af uskyld og erfaring" "Vera Volkova, a Dance of Innocence and Experience") which has a web site at http://www.volkova.net with some beautiful photos :(

Not a peep. The management is more into celebrating the present artists, such as last night's party-honoree, character artist Poul-Erik Hesselkilde, whose 40th anniv on the stage was celebrated.

The only mention of Volkova is the Danish-language bio that is being sold in the theater's gift shop.