This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

A Month in the CountryLes Biches et al

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#31 ami1436

ami1436

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:05 AM

Can I just pop in to say two things:

I think Cope also must be used for partnering coaching - I know he was for R&J, and I think for Ondine as well? There's a reason people want to dance with him.

Secondly, did anyone else see the final performance of the season on Saturday night? It was splendid... and I even really enjoyed Sylvie Guillem in Month. Usually I don't prefer her in character roles. Her Manon is nice, but I prefer others... and I would never think of her as an 'Ashton' dancer, although 'Marguerite and Armand' might not be the ballet to base that decision on. That said, she had me in Month, as did the entire cast. The whole evening was really really well danced, and both Symphonic and Month ended with curtain calls after the house lights were up... And very sweet hugs and curtain calls with the retiring pianist (to return as a guest), Philip Gammon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):