This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Natalia's Copenhagen Capers (Log, B'ville Fest)

A small point -- the costumes don't let Anna stand out and she probably does look like an innkeeper, but she's James's mother and has probably arranged the wedding.

James' mom??? :) I had always assumed she was Effie's! That changes things. Thanks for the clarification, Alexandra.

And, Natalia, thanks from me, too. My snarling envy is exceeded only by my gratitude for your diligence. Thanks.

Many, many thanks, Natalia, for such vivid reports on the Festival.  :)

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. It was worth getting up pre-breakfast to post them. Copenhagen hotels are amazingly generous, with DSL-line internet stations in lobbies (no charge to use for guests). I did not have to run around town to look for an internet cafe, as I do in Russia, Bulgaria and everywhere else.

Another interesting note: A lot of the members of the 'pro' press were amazed that I was doing this. Of course, Toby Tobias -- a pro -- was doing an online blog. Still, this sort of thing is a rarity among the 'legit' press. I've been doing daily reporting on competitions since '97, in some form or another, way before Ballet Alert/Ballet Talk. Reporting on performances, rather than competitions, is a lot easier, as competitions involve writing a note on 120-130 mini-performances, in Round One alone. That almost killed me & I recommend it to nobody...but the dancers appreciated it, as often their only mention is that Round One performance. :D)

Natalia