This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

5/29/05 Oregonian "ArtsWeek" article

XTX

I hope everyone who's interested in OBT has seen Martha Ullman West's article that appeared in Sunday's Oregonian in the "ArtsWeek" section.

It features Tracy Taylor, who has retired after a remarkable 16 years with OBT. Also mentioned favorably are Matthew Boyes, retiring after 10 years with the company and Karl Vakili, retiring after two 2-year runs with OBT.

The article is titled "Swan Song for Tracy Taylor" and can be read here.

Enjoy!

Edited by XTX

Last week I received a lovely letter under Christopher Stowell's signature from OBT, honoring the three dancers who retired at the end of the 2004-5 season: Tracy Taylor, Matthew Boyes, and Karl Vakili. (I assume it went to subscribers, donors, and ticket buyers.) I'm grateful that I was able to see all three over the last two seasons.

Last week I received a lovely letter under Christopher Stowell's signature from OBT, honoring the three dancers who retired...

...and asking for donations to help other dancers thrive in similar manner. :flowers:

OBT under Mr. Stowell seems much more comforatble with current trends in fundraising techniques, and more power to 'em!

Edited by XTX