This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

5/29/05 Oregonian "ArtsWeek" article

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 XTX

XTX

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:32 PM

I hope everyone who's interested in OBT has seen Martha Ullman West's article that appeared in Sunday's Oregonian in the "ArtsWeek" section.

It features Tracy Taylor, who has retired after a remarkable 16 years with OBT. Also mentioned favorably are Matthew Boyes, retiring after 10 years with the company and Karl Vakili, retiring after two 2-year runs with OBT.

The article is titled "Swan Song for Tracy Taylor" and can be read here.

Enjoy!

Edited by XTX, 02 June 2005 - 07:03 AM.

#2 dancelova

dancelova

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:51 PM

Thank you so much for providing the link to that lovely article about Tracy. I missed the article and was thrilled to have the chance to read it.

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,508 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:00 AM

Last week I received a lovely letter under Christopher Stowell's signature from OBT, honoring the three dancers who retired at the end of the 2004-5 season: Tracy Taylor, Matthew Boyes, and Karl Vakili. (I assume it went to subscribers, donors, and ticket buyers.) I'm grateful that I was able to see all three over the last two seasons.

#4 XTX

XTX

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:29 PM

Last week I received a lovely letter under Christopher Stowell's signature from OBT, honoring the three dancers who retired...

...and asking for donations to help other dancers thrive in similar manner. :flowers:

OBT under Mr. Stowell seems much more comforatble with current trends in fundraising techniques, and more power to 'em!

Edited by XTX, 10 June 2005 - 04:31 PM.

#5 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,508 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:53 PM

Well, I just realized I have one good gene -- blindness to modern fundraising requests :flowers: Skipped right over it!

#6 XTX

XTX

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:38 PM

Oh, it was very tastefully done! :)

Edited by XTX, 11 June 2005 - 08:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):