5/29/05 Oregonian "ArtsWeek" article

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 XTX

XTX

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:32 PM

I hope everyone who's interested in OBT has seen Martha Ullman West's article that appeared in Sunday's Oregonian in the "ArtsWeek" section.

It features Tracy Taylor, who has retired after a remarkable 16 years with OBT. Also mentioned favorably are Matthew Boyes, retiring after 10 years with the company and Karl Vakili, retiring after two 2-year runs with OBT.

The article is titled "Swan Song for Tracy Taylor" and can be read here.

Enjoy!

Edited by XTX, 02 June 2005 - 07:03 AM.

#2 dancelova

dancelova

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:51 PM

Thank you so much for providing the link to that lovely article about Tracy. I missed the article and was thrilled to have the chance to read it.

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,583 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:00 AM

Last week I received a lovely letter under Christopher Stowell's signature from OBT, honoring the three dancers who retired at the end of the 2004-5 season: Tracy Taylor, Matthew Boyes, and Karl Vakili. (I assume it went to subscribers, donors, and ticket buyers.) I'm grateful that I was able to see all three over the last two seasons.

#4 XTX

XTX

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:29 PM

Last week I received a lovely letter under Christopher Stowell's signature from OBT, honoring the three dancers who retired...

...and asking for donations to help other dancers thrive in similar manner. :flowers:

OBT under Mr. Stowell seems much more comforatble with current trends in fundraising techniques, and more power to 'em!

Edited by XTX, 10 June 2005 - 04:31 PM.

#5 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,583 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:53 PM

Well, I just realized I have one good gene -- blindness to modern fundraising requests :flowers: Skipped right over it!

#6 XTX

XTX

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:38 PM

Oh, it was very tastefully done! :)

Edited by XTX, 11 June 2005 - 08:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):