This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Bolshoi N. America tour schedule 2005?

Does anyone know the complete Bolshoi North America tour schedule? What I find below are announcements for NYC & Orange county CA, but I would expect 4-5 more locations.

Thanks...

Edited by BigMike
Does anyone know the complete Bolshoi North America tour schedule? What I find below are announcements for NYC & Orange county CA, but I would expect 4-5 more locations.

Thanks...

US TOUR, July-August 2005: Metropolitan Opera New York, Wolf Trap, Orange County.

Metropolitan Opera House, New York, July 18-30, 2005: 14 performances, featuring the North American premieres of The Bright Stream and The Pharaoh’s Daughter, as well as performances of Don Quixote and Spartacus.

Wolf Trap, Vienna, VA, August 5-6, 2005: 2 performances of Don Quixote.

Orange County Perf Arts Center, Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA, August 9-14, 2005: 3 performances of The Bright Stream and 4 of Spartacus.

More on For Ballet Lovers Only

I have tkts. for both ballets at OCPAC.......have any of you seen The Bright Stream?

I am very curious about this ballet.  I did read a bit of information on Marc's Ballet Lovers web site.  How has it been received so far?

I enjoyed it a lot. It made the company look good - they obviously enjoyed it as well. The ballet has been received very well, for a large part also because not many thought the Bolshoi capable of pulling off a comedy. Even in Paris it made a triumph.

I wonder how American eyes will see it :wink:

I, too, loved it in Moscow. The Alexandrova/Filin cast is a special delight but the greatest kudos go to the ensemble and the many 'character' artists. This ballet is replete with tiny gems of character roles. I gave it five stars!