Blue Suede Shoes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tu2mama

tu2mama

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:38 AM

I have been looking for a copy of Blue Suede Shoes by the San Jose/Cleveland Ballet and it seems that it's not to be found. I saw the ballet in person years ago and then on PBS. Any suggestions or leeds on finding a copy of this ballet?

#2 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,435 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:52 PM

i cannot say for certain, but i don't think this taped perf. was released commercially. i know it was telecast. and i once saw a CD of the ballet's score.

#3 tu2mama

tu2mama

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:06 AM

I have the CD and listen to it and see the ballet in my mind. I did find a small clip on their website http://www.balletsanjose.org Well, I'll keep searching.

#4 Ginny Kanter

Ginny Kanter

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:26 AM

I have been looking for a copy of Blue Suede Shoes by the San Jose/Cleveland Ballet and it seems that it's not to be found. I saw the ballet in person years ago and then on PBS. Any suggestions or leeds on finding a copy of this ballet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A VHS tape was released by Dance Adventures and WVIZ TV. I don't have my copy handy, but my notes show that it was released in 1997 and lasts 1 hour and 30 minutes. Copies used to turn up occasionally on eBay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):