This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Blue Suede Shoes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tu2mama

tu2mama

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:38 AM

I have been looking for a copy of Blue Suede Shoes by the San Jose/Cleveland Ballet and it seems that it's not to be found. I saw the ballet in person years ago and then on PBS. Any suggestions or leeds on finding a copy of this ballet?

#2 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:52 PM

i cannot say for certain, but i don't think this taped perf. was released commercially. i know it was telecast. and i once saw a CD of the ballet's score.

#3 tu2mama

tu2mama

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:06 AM

I have the CD and listen to it and see the ballet in my mind. I did find a small clip on their website http://www.balletsanjose.org Well, I'll keep searching.

#4 Ginny Kanter

Ginny Kanter

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:26 AM

I have been looking for a copy of Blue Suede Shoes by the San Jose/Cleveland Ballet and it seems that it's not to be found. I saw the ballet in person years ago and then on PBS. Any suggestions or leeds on finding a copy of this ballet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A VHS tape was released by Dance Adventures and WVIZ TV. I don't have my copy handy, but my notes show that it was released in 1997 and lasts 1 hour and 30 minutes. Copies used to turn up occasionally on eBay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):