This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Readers?A book that involves BALLET!!!

Guest BlossomingBallerina

Guest BlossomingBallerina

Hi my name is Alix I am 10 years old and in the 5th grade.I am reading a book in a series called the friendship ring and there is a book called please please please about a girl named CJ who is making a decision between quiting BALLET and becoming a normal kid or stay in it to the point where it gets so far that it will start to take over her life!!!I hope you decide to read it smile.gif

Guest DancingBug

Another great book is called BALLERINA, I forgot who the author is, but what I do remember is that you can find it in the adult section of your library, that's where I got it. It IS rather long, about 500 pages, but it's a fab book to read when you have lots of time... like in the summer! smile.gif

i also read this really cool book(it not that long, so you could read it anytime smile.gif)by rumer godden. its about a girl whos being raised by her great aunt, whos the wardrobe mistress of a famous ballet company, and then........ well, i won't spoil it for you.

sarabeth

Guest Pease-blossom

I think I know the book you're talking about, sarabeth...is it Listen to the Nightingale? I looove that book! Even if we're not thinking of the same book, I still recommend that book!

I looked on amazon.com to see if I could find the author of "Ballerina" but they didn't have it listed, and they have everything! Could you possibly post the author? I would be very interested in reading it! Thanks

-Julie

Guest DancingBug

Sorry, I don't remember the author! I'll try to find it though A.S.A.P. because I think that anyone who loves ballet will enjoy reading it! smile.gif

Guest DancingBug

I just went to my Library Online Catalog, and I searched for the book. I'm pretty sure I found the book. It's by Edward Norton... and if my memory serves me right then that sounds familiar, and that's probably the author. I hope this helps!

There is a wonderful series of fiction books called "Satin Slippers" I'm not sure who it is by, but it is all about a girl named Leah who goes to the San Francisco Ballet Academy. There are about 20 books in the series and they are really good.

There is a really good book I've read called Ribbons. It's about this girl of Japanese descent and she's an awesome dancer but she has to quit because her parents can't afford it anymore because her grandmother is moving from Japan to their house. It just talks about how she deals with it and also how she gets along with her grandmother. It is REALLY good- mostly. There was this other really good one I read a long time ago so I can't really remember it but I think it was called Ballet Magic. It's about this girl who feels discouraged in dance because of her height. She's really tall and all the other girls are about a foot shorter so they get the corps parts but she's not good enough to be a soloist yet so she can only understudy. It's really good!

Scottie