This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

New ballet novel?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,008 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 02:29 AM

I was browsing in Tower Books and noticed a new fiction title, "Flight of the Swan," by Rosario Ferré, with whose work I am unfamiliar. It concerns a Russian ballerina who finds herself stranded, because of political complications, in the Puerto Rico of 1917. I am knee deep in unread titles at home and didn't purchase it, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has read it. (I also thought that a new addition to the not exactly extensive list of novels dealing with ballet should be noted for its own sake.)

#2 beckster

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 10:50 AM

There are several reviews of it on Amazon.com (just type in "flight of the swan" in the search box) - there seem to be conflicting opinions. One review describes it as lacklustre and bland! Its a bit pricey at the moment for me ...

#3 Diana L

Diana L

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 04:48 PM

There's also a book profiled in this month's Vanity Fair called "White Swan, Black Swan" and I forget the author's name but she used to be a dancer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):