2 replies to this topic

#1 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,079 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 02:29 AM

I was browsing in Tower Books and noticed a new fiction title, "Flight of the Swan," by Rosario Ferré, with whose work I am unfamiliar. It concerns a Russian ballerina who finds herself stranded, because of political complications, in the Puerto Rico of 1917. I am knee deep in unread titles at home and didn't purchase it, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has read it. (I also thought that a new addition to the not exactly extensive list of novels dealing with ballet should be noted for its own sake.)

#2 beckster

beckster

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 10:50 AM

There are several reviews of it on Amazon.com (just type in "flight of the swan" in the search box) - there seem to be conflicting opinions. One review describes it as lacklustre and bland! Its a bit pricey at the moment for me ...

#3 Diana L

Diana L

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 June 2001 - 04:48 PM

There's also a book profiled in this month's Vanity Fair called "White Swan, Black Swan" and I forget the author's name but she used to be a dancer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):