This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

NBoC Promotions

HEATHER OGDEN AND NEHEMIAH KISH

PROMOTED TO PRINCIPAL DANCER

May 16, 2005….Toronto, Ontario….JAMES KUDELKA, Artistic Director of The National Ballet of Canada, promoted First Soloists HEATHER OGDEN and NEHEMIAH KISH to Principal Dancer. Mr. Kudelka made the announcement yesterday at a celebration that marked the end of the company’s season.

"Both Heather and Nehemiah have shown strength and commitment as dancers. They have shone this season dancing challenging roles in Giselle, the company premiere of Stravinsky Violin Concerto, Les Sylphides, La Ronde, Musings and, most recently, in An Italian Straw Hat " said James Kudelka.

How exciting for them both.

I am pleased to see Heather promoted as she is a thrill to watch and has worked very hard this year.

Edited by gracey

I was checking on the NBOC website last night, and it would appear there are a number of new corps members as well....quite a few of this year's apprentices are now listed as corps.

We're particularly proud of one dancer from our town! :innocent:

I am so relieved Heather was promoted. She was dancing principal roles and it was necessary for her to get credit for her wonderful work. I love how she brings her own style to the world of dance and am very proud of her.

She must be so happy to have accomplished so much. When she dances it looks like magic. Bravo Heather :P