This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Swan Lake

Sylvia - I agree with you on the idea that Ivan's career is on the up - and yeah, his Act I solo was just fabulous. I don't know why I was disappointed with Marquez, but I hasten to add that it's the first time I've ever been disappointed by her, and thus maybe I had really high expectations! She didn't match Rojo for me (although Marquez's HANDS are amazingly expressive), but I still would rush to watch her!

I must say, maybe sucker for theatre that I am, that I loved their bows, and the really charmingly boyish way Ivan scooped up the flowers - not even trying to be elegant about it. So nice!

I have to be honest, I had to rush home and missed the bows (I have an excuse! My mother is visiting from abroad!) so I missed the curtain calls. Please tell me about the bows? :tiphat: There wasn't a flower throw was there? He did kiss her didn't he - I know she's married but I'm a sucker for feigned romance anyway :)

Oh Sylvia, so am I!!! :tiphat: So, first she got a huge bouquet of flowers, and immediately pulled out a pretty red one and handed it to him. Then, during the curtain calls, he just looked so proud of her, leading her around, etc, and I think kissed her hand? Or her cheek? Or maybe he kissed her cheek later (keep reading!!!) There was a small small flower throw, and Putrov just shed any sense of refined, reserved prince-ness and gathered up all the flowers, unelegantly grabbing the the ones that had fallen on top of the orchestra scrim, and got down on one knee and presented them to her. SIGH. She looked really taken aback and really touched at the same time. Lucky girl!

Awwww....thanks you! I cannot believe I missed that!! (should've made my mum wait another hour, lol.) Did you mean he lead her up and down the stage during the curtain calls? I'm glad they like dancing together - it does show in their curtain calls! :D I love how emotional Tamara + Jonathan's are and the way he unreservedly plants the biggest kiss on her! And Irek made me laugh after Judas Tree and Mayerling, the way he ran Mara up and down the stage so she could take bows from everyone in the house. :D

:D Tamara and Jonathan's bows are like: I could not have gotten through this without you, you are amazing. I love it. And Irek just shows Mara off in the sweetest of ways - you were there at his last Mayerling right? I loved how she then started throwing flowers at him as well...

Anyways, the run of Swan Lake is over... and the Dream triple is about to end... and the last triple has started.... maybe it's thus time for a new thread? I don't have tickets again for a while, but I might change this to see Ivan in SV - right now my only ticket is for the other cast - but would love to see him and Lamb together, purely out of curiousity! :D