This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

7x7- anyone seen?

I'll be in DC over the weekend- has anyone seen?

I took my mother on Mother's Day to see it. Very enjoyable. The dances I found most interesting were These are the Days of our Lives: Michele Jimenez was, as usual, mesmerizing. Fractures: sad and expressive. And the show stopper was Ritual IV, again Michele Jimenez was fabulous, doing oodles of pirouettes just inches away from me. And Jason Hartley and Jonathan Jordan performing a very macho duet all the driving rhythms of African Drums.

The dances I found most interesting were These are the Days of our Lives: Michele Jimenez was, as usual, mesmerizing.

I was there Mothers' Day too... maybe we should wear nametags.

Elizabeth Gaither was the woman in Days of our Lives. Jimenez danced Ikon of Eros (and also Ritual IV, as you mentioned.) I enjoyed the music in Fractures (its nice to know that lyricism is still alive) as well as the dancing. Even though choreographically it's just the "classic triangle," when Sona Kharatian, Erin Mahoney, and Jared Nelson got a hold of it, that was something special.

I also want to mention "And they had hair as the hair of women and their teeth were as the teeth of lions" (yes, for those who weren't there, that's a title!) I thought both the choreography and the skill of the dancers was extraordinary, spooky and wonderful (dark stage & costumes, veiled dancers so you couldn't see their faces at all -- choreography an unusual combination of eerie mystery and big, almost violent, action -- wonder how Bland and Mahoney felt being flung around with such abandon by 2 guys each!)

For those in the area, the show plays through the 15th, according to my program. Well worth seeing if you like contemporary ballet.