This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Joffrey Ballet's website

Treefrog

I just got a look at the Joffrey's new website design. It's quite lovely.

It has what I assume is a very cool feature, which my aged computer is not accessing very well (I can't actually see the pictures :smilie_mondieu: ). Can someone check it out for me? On the History page, you can click a link to "Scrapbooks", and from there choose by decade by clicking on the spines of "books". Within each decade, you can choose a year and see pictures of the dances and dancers of the time.

There are some really great pictures on this site, particularly the ones from the 50's and 60's, but be warned: they are quite small, the largest being about 2" x 2.5". There doesn't seem to be a way to make them bigger, unless I've missed the sweet spot.

Many thanks for the heads up!

Thanks, Treefrog, for this link.

I wish all major American companies would honor their history and tradition as well. The NYCB site is particularly backward in this regard, given its incredible past achievements and development.

There doesn't seem to be a way to make them bigger, unless I've missed the sweet spot.

If you use my secret technique :shhh: , you'll find that the resolution does not support enlargement.
The NYCB site is particularly backward in this regard, given its incredible past achievements and development.

The difference being that Joffrey Ballet's management has been consistent over its life, Arpino having been there at the beginning, sharing Joffrey's vision. The situation at NYCB, where we have a Balanchine-era/Martins-era thing, is, alas, not comparable. :smilie_mondieu: