This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Joffrey Ballet's websitenew look, GREAT historical feature

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:23 PM

I just got a look at the Joffrey's new website design. It's quite lovely.

It has what I assume is a very cool feature, which my aged computer is not accessing very well (I can't actually see the pictures :smilie_mondieu: ). Can someone check it out for me? On the History page, you can click a link to "Scrapbooks", and from there choose by decade by clicking on the spines of "books". Within each decade, you can choose a year and see pictures of the dances and dancers of the time.

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,508 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:18 PM

There are some really great pictures on this site, particularly the ones from the 50's and 60's, but be warned: they are quite small, the largest being about 2" x 2.5". There doesn't seem to be a way to make them bigger, unless I've missed the sweet spot.

Many thanks for the heads up!

#3 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• 7,320 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:19 PM

Thanks, Treefrog, for this link.

I wish all major American companies would honor their history and tradition as well. The NYCB site is particularly backward in this regard, given its incredible past achievements and development.

#4 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:32 PM

All I can see is the '50s.

#5 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,508 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:35 PM

I was able to go through them all by clicking the next volume, and then clicking each individual year in the decade. I'm using Internet Explorer on a very fast connection.

#6 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 06:30 PM

There doesn't seem to be a way to make them bigger, unless I've missed the sweet spot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you use my secret technique :shhh: , you'll find that the resolution does not support enlargement.

The NYCB site is particularly backward in this regard, given its incredible past achievements and development.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The difference being that Joffrey Ballet's management has been consistent over its life, Arpino having been there at the beginning, sharing Joffrey's vision. The situation at NYCB, where we have a Balanchine-era/Martins-era thing, is, alas, not comparable. :smilie_mondieu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):