• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:23 PM

I just got a look at the Joffrey's new website design. It's quite lovely.

It has what I assume is a very cool feature, which my aged computer is not accessing very well (I can't actually see the pictures :smilie_mondieu: ). Can someone check it out for me? On the History page, you can click a link to "Scrapbooks", and from there choose by decade by clicking on the spines of "books". Within each decade, you can choose a year and see pictures of the dances and dancers of the time.

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:18 PM

There are some really great pictures on this site, particularly the ones from the 50's and 60's, but be warned: they are quite small, the largest being about 2" x 2.5". There doesn't seem to be a way to make them bigger, unless I've missed the sweet spot.

Many thanks for the heads up!

#3 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:19 PM

Thanks, Treefrog, for this link.

I wish all major American companies would honor their history and tradition as well. The NYCB site is particularly backward in this regard, given its incredible past achievements and development.

#4 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:32 PM

All I can see is the '50s.

#5 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:35 PM

I was able to go through them all by clicking the next volume, and then clicking each individual year in the decade. I'm using Internet Explorer on a very fast connection.

#6 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 06:30 PM

There doesn't seem to be a way to make them bigger, unless I've missed the sweet spot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you use my secret technique :shhh: , you'll find that the resolution does not support enlargement.

The NYCB site is particularly backward in this regard, given its incredible past achievements and development.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The difference being that Joffrey Ballet's management has been consistent over its life, Arpino having been there at the beginning, sharing Joffrey's vision. The situation at NYCB, where we have a Balanchine-era/Martins-era thing, is, alas, not comparable. :smilie_mondieu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):