This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Kirov in London, July 18 - 30, 2005

Follow this link for details. Ballets will include Swan Lake, Romeo & Juliet, Forsythe Quadruple Bill (2 perfs. only, on one day), Balanchine 3ple bill (2 perfs only), and La Bayadere-Soviet version.

http://www.victorhochhauser.co.uk

No casting provided, yet. Online ticket sales commence April 26.

***WARNING to Americans: the dates of July 18-30 coincide precisely with the dates of the Bolshoi Ballet at the Metropolitan Opera...which also coincide with other dance presentations in NYC (Lincoln Center Festival). Buy wisely!

Press release on the Bolshoi/MET dates & blocks of time for each ballet is forthcoming.

Any news about the casts ? I read Lopatnika should obviously be doing the opening night of Swan Lake, and Diana Vishneva the other opening nights.

I would especially like to see Obraztsova's Juliet, which has been so highly praised. Any clue ? Could she be doing the matinee ?

Thanks to anyone who would have information ! :)

Azulynn

Hi, Azulynn! I am sure info will be up as soon as it is available. Natalia keeps a close watch on the major Russian companies, no matter where they're performing.

Are you planning to see the Kirov in London? I hope you'll report back! And let us know about performances by other companies that you catch, too.

Meanwhile, welcome to BalletTalk! :) Our Welcome Page is always open, so why don't you stop by and tell us a bit about yourself? Thanks!

I'll be in London for a good portion of the run - the middle sections. Seeing four R&Js and hoping that at least one of my Juliets is Obraztsova.

No official casting has been posted, although many of us can make reasonably good guesses as to casting by following recent trends in the casting of certain ballets at the Kirov-Mariinsky Theater, e.g., Ruzimatov & Kondaurova in The Prodigal Son; Terioshkina, Somova, Bolshakova & Vostrotina as Odette/Odile; Olesya Novikova as the '2nd girl' in 'Ballet Imperial.'