Maya Plisetskaya book

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ralphsf

ralphsf

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 March 2001 - 04:55 PM

Does anyone who lives outside the US (or inside) have any information about the western European or US translation of Maya Plisetskaya's autobiography "I, Maya Plisetskaya." I speak a little Russian, but not well enough to read it (it's about 500 pages). I have seen the book selling in Russian book stores in San Francisco, and in online Russian bookstores like kniga.com. A russian teacher of mine read the book and says its incredible and was a huge best seller in Russia. It's a real tell-all about soviet ballet from the late 40's to the present. She goes into all the conflicts at the Bolshoi, political interference and even anti-semitism towards Jewish dancers. I would love to read it. Does anyone know if it's been published in France or England.

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,242 posts

Posted 26 March 2001 - 05:05 PM

Ralph, I don't think it has been. You might go on Amazon (link at top of page) and do a search. You might also try dance books in England. I don't have that URL off the top of my head, but doing a search for Dance Books should turn it up.

It does sound juicy! Perhaps some enterprising press will translate it. I think their would be a readership for it in America.

#3 Estelle

Estelle

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 26 March 2001 - 05:32 PM

I think that a French translation of it was published.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):