ABT dancers with children

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 soubrette_fan

soubrette_fan

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:04 PM

From an article in today's Sunday times (URL posted by Mme. Hermine in "Links") :

At 4:43 a.m. on Thursday, March 24, Ms. Dvorovenko gave birth to a 7-pound 8-ounce girl named Emma Galina Beloserkovsky, bringing the number of mothers in her company to three.

I know Julie Kent and Victor Barbee have a son, but I'm clueless as to who is the third mother in ABT. Does anyone know who?

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:32 PM

Alessandra Ferri has two children, if I'm not mistaken. I'm certain she has one.

There was the season about eight or nine years back when three ABT soloists/principals (Lucette Ketterndahl, Christine Dunham and Cheryl Yeager) gave birth within a few months of each other. Weren't all of those babies boys?

#3 Jacqueline

Jacqueline

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:39 PM

There is also a lovely article in (April, I think) Vogue about Ms. Dvorovenko and her husband and the impending arrival of their child. Also a very nice quote from Kevin McKenzie on the positive effect that parenthood has on dancers and their dancing!

#4 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:57 PM

Alessandra Ferri has two children, if I'm not mistaken.  I'm certain she has one.

In Britain's "Ballet.Co" postings, Ferri is quoted last year:

"I only try to put in each role a part of myself, of my experiences, of my life, and the characters are changing with me over years. Of course I have to use different part of my life and me to act and live different role. I'm a mother of two daughters: this is a part of me that has nothing to share with Manon and I forget it and donít use it"

#5 soubrette_fan

soubrette_fan

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:29 AM

Thanks, carbro and marga! You saved me from hours of googling. :(

Jacqueline- thanks for the tip, I will remember to check it out next time I'm at the supermarket. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):