This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

GISELLE w/ makarova & baryshnikov/ABT

i have a new browser that doesn't cooperate when i try to highlight and paste a long web address, so i can't now post the ebay page add. here, but if anyone cares to see this tape on ebay, go to ebay.com & type in 'baryshnikov' 'giselle' and i think '92 (the seller seems to misunderstand the date of this cassette: the ballet was telecast in '77 and marketed in '88.

in any case FYI.

Here's the link:

Giselle video on ebay

whoops! ... I guess both of us were trying to help at the same time!

Marga and Carbro,

This is a link for a completed auction from back in March.

Most likely by searching the way rg describes will get you to the current auction

or try this link

http://tinyurl.com/cyybn

To cheer up anyone looking on bidding on the current one, I noticed that the high bidder in March went to $36. That's not so terribly expensive for an OOP item.

Hopefully whoever bids on it will get it without paying an arm and a leg.

Richard

Too bad this video hasnt been commercially released on dvd because it's by far the best Giselle on video. Baryshnikov is somewhat miscast as Albrecht, and I'm not a fan of Martine van Hamel, but sublime is the word for Makarova's Giselle. Every time I watch this I think I'm touched by god, even though I'm not a religious person at all. Makarova really makes her Giselle a Christian figure of mercy, forgiveness, and redemption.