This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

New Book by Twyla Tharp:The Creative Habit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dewdrop

dewdrop

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 05:46 PM

FYI:

I just found out Twyla Tharp published a new book. She writes about the process of choreographing Movin Out in there. (She mentions that if they had called it a ballet they thought no one would come.) She describes the successes and failures along the way. That chapter looked good. I hope it sells well. Its on book shelves in a store near you.

DD

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,836 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:19 PM

Thanks, dewdrop. If anyone reads it, I hope they'll report back.

#3 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 02:32 PM

Actually, this book has been out for a while. I believe the paperback edition has just been released.

She addresses such a complex issue, so expect that the book has some interesting -- maybe even useful -- insights.

#4 dewdrop

dewdrop

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:26 PM

Yes., I did notice that the publish year was 2002 and yet I'd never seen or heard oof it before now.

Actually, this book has been out for a while.  I believe the paperback edition has just been released.

#5 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 27,836 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:29 PM

It's always nice to have a heads-up, perky. I hadn't heard of it, myself (or if I aw notice of it, whichI might have, it slipped my mind).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):