18 replies to this topic

#16 Estelle

Estelle

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:20 PM

Thanks for sharing your impressions with us, cygneblanc. It must have been a very moving evening !

Did Manuel Legris also attend the program (he's injured but could have been in the audience) ? And also, what was the audience's reaction ?

#17 cygneblanc

cygneblanc

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:28 PM

Yes, he was there and gave her some flowers. :P Jose Martinez, Wilfried Romoli, , Kader Belarbi were alo on stage too.

Miss Maurin was very well received and got a 30 minutes standing ovation! She looked completely overwhemed and was crying, taking some bows with pain. She also got a lot of flowers, which is very rare in Paris!

#18 sophia

sophia

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 01:12 AM

I was there too for Elisabeth Maurin's farewell preformance. I couldn't have missed that... A great and unique performance full of emotion during and after. Elisabeth Maurin is a marvellous actress and she really plays the character, so that you can feel something. I was really, really impressed and touched, as I had never seen her as Juliet (I agree, cygneblanc, Aurélie Dupont was just much too clean and I got bored the other night). So many details in the way she dances and plays... I also loved Benjamin Pech as Romeo: an excellent dancer and also a convincing actor. The other parts were also exceptional: Laurent Hilaire as Tybalt (even if I personally prefered Wilfried Romoli in the other cast), Emmanuel Thibault as Mercutio (unbelievable!) and Christophe Duquenne as Benvolio. A great corps de ballet, very enthusiastic and dancing in order (which is not always the case :) ).
And afterwards, a shower of confettis coming from heaven onto the stage and 22 minutes of standing ovation. To see all the other "étoiles" in their simple way and dayclothes on the stage around her, kissing her, congratulating her and all those flovers thrown from the audience (it never happens in Paris) was really emotional...

#19 Estelle

Estelle

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:08 AM

Now both of you are making me feel jealous ! :grinning-smiley-001:

But I'm happy to read that Elisabeth Maurin had the great farewell performance that she deserved. I remember that a few years ago poor Carole Arbo had such a poor farewell performance, dancing only a short work in the middle of a mixed bill (while in general farewell performances are in full-length works with big roles, like Juliet, Giselle, La Sylphide...) At least this time it was a great moment for the dancer and tje aidoe,ce/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):