This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Christine O'Neal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,955 posts

Posted 12 April 2001 - 05:48 AM

i remember this dancer, i think i recall that at one point she changed her name, also. anyone with updates on her whereabouts? (just thought i'd keep with the first-name "trend") :) :confused:

#2 Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 12 April 2001 - 08:52 AM

Is this Christine Knoblach, formerly National Ballet (I didn't see her, but remember reading the name) and then ABT? Changed her name because Tudor said it meant garlic? :) She left ABT years ago; haven't heard anything of her since.

#3 glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 12 April 2001 - 09:03 AM

Just met her two weeks ago in St. Louis. She is the head of a dance department at a college.

I admired her when I was a student of Mary Day's who attended National Ballet of Washington performances.

#4 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,955 posts

Posted 12 April 2001 - 10:42 AM

must be! i remember that she came to chicago, i think as a guest, during ben stevenson's brief tenure there before houston. knoblauch does mean garlic in german, i wonder if she's related to the yankee left fielder? :)

#5 Guest_dolphin_*

• Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 02 May 2001 - 04:45 PM

Hi everyone!
Christine O'neal on the faculty in the dance department at Washington University in St. Louis. She teaches most of the ballet classes for dance majors/minors, and an intro to ballet class for nonmajors (which I took and loved). She was a great teacher...though I've heard from friends who took her upper level ballet classes that she's a tough grader. She does choreography for the annual faculty showcase and for student productions (both dance and musicals staged by the drama department).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):