This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

day seats

autodidacte

I am going to London 24th-28th of February and have looked forward to watching the Royal Ballet perform. I’m used to the Royal Danish Ballet where you can always get tickets so I was surprised to find out that at RB everything is sold out months in advance. My only chance is something called “day seats”. Does anybody know how early you have to show up (because I'm sure there will be a queue) to be sure to get a day seat? And are they also available on Sundays? Other tips?

I got tickets in October of '03 by queueing at 9 am, one hour before. That put me sixth in line. Warning - the day seats in the Stalls Circle (I had them in row C as close to the center as offered, which is very far to the sides still) cut off at least 20% of the stage. If you want to be close, get them, but if you want full view, settle for the amphitheatre.

Agree! Have found that queuing before 8am nets a good place in queue but for Guillem-Cope there's no telling! Row B of the stalls circle is a bit better than C if you can get a seat far enough around the horseshoe auditorium. If you're short like me, heads can get a bit in the way though :) But you're pretty close which is great for stuff like Manon, and there's usually sufficient goings-on in the background to watch when the principals dance in the restricted-view parts of the stage. The back of the amphi gives a full view but you'll want binoculars - the seats are way WAY back! There are no shows on Sundays and the box office is closed. Bring a cushion, newspaper and hot drink - and there's usually good ballet conversation in the queues if you're up for it ;)

You can either go for the Amphitheatre or for - as already said - Row C. I am quite happy with C 97. It is restricted view but one sits so lovely close to the stage.

They do now day seat for 35 and 40 pounds as well. And always offer you these seats first. Once I had to ask various times before I got my C 97. You can get standing tickets as well. Good luck!