This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Mathieu Ganio in Tokyo (...and so is Legris)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,349 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:42 PM

[ADMIN BEANIE ON]

To clarify our policy, while we encourage and appreciate our foreign posters who are kind enough to post to us in English, we are an English-only board.

There are circumstances in which it is appropriate to link to a non-English site. These are:

1. To cite an original source for news or critical viewpoints that are posted on Ballet Talk in English summary. Examples of original sources are newspapers, magazines, critical sites, critics' blogs, official websites.

2. To share photos from original sources for which knowledge of a foreign language isn't necessary.

[ADMIN BEANIE OFF]

#17 sophia

sophia

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:20 AM

Well, I think I have to accept the rules... But, I have just read the rules concerning the links to other websites, and what you say here seems to me a bit contradictory with the general rules of this website. This story of language does not convince me at all. Anyway, let's stop here. That does not matter.
Cygneblanc, what you say makes me very sad.

#18 Naoko S

Naoko S

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:18 PM

Thanks hockeyfan228 for clarifications about the policy.

....but I'm not too certain about a rationality of the links I inserted in my recent posts - all Japanese-only websites. In these cases, should brief translations be accompanied??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):