This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Kansas City Ballet Announces 05-06 Season

Stravinsky to Balanchine to Bolender to Whitener—

an Artistic Legacy is Passed Down to Present

KANSAS CITY, MO (January 31, 2005) - Versatility and entertainment once again are center stage as Kansas City Ballet announces its 2005-2006 season of ballets. The universally recognized masters George Balanchine, Igor Stravinsky, Twyla Tharp, Mary Wigman and Isadora Duncan, and talented local choreographer Paula Weber, company director William Whitener, director emeritus Todd Bolender and a host of nationally recognized dance artists all share the stage in the coming season.

The Fall Season (October 6-9, 2004) will feature the company premiere of the Stravinsky Violin Concerto choreographed by George Balanchine. The program continues with Kansas City choreographer Paula Weber’s Canzone I and II, commissioned by the Kansas City Ballet to the music of Bohuslav Martinu. ZUZU Lounge, an audience favorite when it was premiered in 2002, was choreographed by Margo Sappington to the fun and retro lounge music of Juan Esquivel.

Full Press Release

Thanks for this, Dansuer! It looks like a busy, varied and very interesting year ahead for KC!

I think it is safe to assume that the date "2004" for the October run should read "2005." And I notice that the typo is in the press release, not of your doing.

Will you be seeing any of this? If so, I hope you'll report.