• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 EvilNinjaX

EvilNinjaX

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:49 PM

I do agree with you that tall dancers (of both sexes) tend to be technically a bit less dazzling than their shorter colleagues.

i think the one exception that really sticks out in my mind is Nicholas Le Riche. He seems quite tall (and big all the way around) and leaps like a tiddlywink! And how tall is Desmond Richardson? he also seems of above-average height.

-goro-

#17 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,086 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

An interview with Fabrice Calmels in which he discusses his height.

Yet as demanding as his career is, it's also been very worthwhile. "When I look back, I really appreciate that I'm the tallest ballet dancer in the world," he continued. "I'm 6'6" and a half. When everybody thought I wouldn't have a career, I kind of broke those boundaries. I proved that it was possible that a person my height could do ballet. I've danced big ballets such as Othello [and] Apollo from Balanchine. That's a huge achievement."

#18 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Calvin Royal III of the ABT corps is tall, and he just gets better and better all the time. I see a bright future for him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):