This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Duck and TutuA ballet-based anime is available

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tancos

Tancos

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:30 AM

Advisory for animation fans: the first installment of Princess Tutu is now available on DVD. The reviews I’ve seen have been wildly erratic. I myself am in no hurry to pick up a copy, though I eventually probably will. If you have broadband, you can preview the anime by watching some of the music videos here (enter “Princess Tutu” in the “anime” box and click "search." You need to be a member of AMV.org to download the “local” videos, but the “direct” links are available to anybody.) Judging from these, I would say that the animators actually do know something about dance, but some of the characters need to work on spotting.

#2 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:58 AM

Right, these are anime figures in the Tetsuwan Atom (Astro Boy) tradition, built a little like kewpie dolls. Later, longer, figures are found in the CMX manga Swan. I sometimes refer to these latter types as "Sailor Moon mannerist".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):