This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The Fedotov Swan Lake CDs

Good News!

Not only did I get the Swan Lake CDs, but also Fedotovs recording of the performance score of Raymonda (also revised by Drigo for the 1899 premiere)!

Swan Lake is the recording of Fedotov, once available through JVC, with all the 1895 revisions! Raymonda is the performance score, again divinely conducted by Fedotov (The only other recording of the full length work - the Moscow Symphony conducted by Anissimov, is the full uncut score of Glazunov, "symphonically" conducted with sometimes ridiculous tempi), this recording was once upon a time in print through a major label (I dont know which) but now is availble, like Swan Lake, only through the Russian music site.

I have to tell you all that Fedotov's conducting is so fantastic I cant put it into words. He lets the music breathe, and lets it sing, if you will. His conducting makes the music even more gorgeous. If you were to see these ballets at the Mariinsky, the scores recorded on the discs and played in the theatre would be and exact match, not only in the sequence of numbers, but in the way the music is played! I was very pleased! My collection is finally complete! :wub:

I used Moneybookers.com to transfer funds (these CDs are only 15.00 a piece, and that includes shipping!), and I reccomend that if you wanna get the CDs, you should do the bank transfer thing to moneybookers.com. It was 32 bucks through my bank.

Get these disc you guys, they are grrrrrrrrreat!

I used Moneybookers.com to transfer funds (these CDs are only 15.00 a piece, and that includes shipping!), and I reccomend that if you wanna get the CDs, you should do the bank transfer thing to moneybookers.com. It was 32 bucks through my bank.

Before you choose this option, please check with your bank or credit union to see if they have a minimum amount for international transfers. I was willing to pay for the transfer, but my credit union did not disclose the $100 minimum for international bank transfers until after I placed the order, which, I'm assuming, has expired. The person I spoke to for 20 minutes to set up the bank transfers didn't know, and it was only when it was rejected three days later that he found out what the policy was.

Hey HckeyFan -

When I did the bank transfer, the teller handling it at the bank wasnt sure about inernat'l transfers, so she asked someone who was appearantly in charge there in an office. Another lady did the trasnfer, and called me later to tell me everything was cool. That really sux though that they have a minimum amount for transfers :FIREdevil: - I wonder why? Is it a big bank you have or a little one? My bank is a little one through my work. I work in the lab in a hospital, and use thier credit union for employees of the hospital.

Hey Solor, thanks for your tips!

I just got my Fedotov copy a couple of days ago, and the transaction went nice and smooth.( fast and cheap, about $15 ). Now i'm in the proces of comparing it with the 1877 full score uncut music, (which i have by Charles Dutoit and the Montreal Symphony Orchestra, 1992).

:lightbulb: