This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2005-2006 Season is announced

Click here to read the press release: http://www.national.ballet.ca/Media/showPr...p?id=20050131-1

I am especially excited about the return of La Sylphide (in an odd pairing with The Cage- a company premiere). I think Chan Hon Goh will be lovely in it. It will be interesting to see how the younger dancers approach the challenging Bournonville style. Kudelka's Swan Lake, Cranko's Romeo and Juliet, and Jewels will be back again, plus an all Balanchine program consisting of Agon (another company premiere), the Four Temperaments (which we were supposed to see this season originally), and Theme and Variations. The season will also see the world premiere of a new Mrozewski ballet and the company premiere of Petrouchka. Overall it looks like it will be a strong season, and for 2006-2007 the NBoC and the COC move to the Four Seasons Opera House!

There have been a few changes to the repertoire for next season.

The Cage has been replaced with Eliot Feld's Intermezzo, Agon has been replaced with Apollo, and the Mrozewski premiere has been pushed back (what ballet will go in its place is as yet unannounced).

So there will be less company premieres than we expected. It's a little dissapointing as I have never seen The Cage or Agon live before. However, I won't complain. Intermezzo is a beautiful work and I could watch Apollo over and over without ever tiring of it!