This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

2005-2006 Season is announcedLa Sylphide revival

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Paquita

Paquita

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:23 PM

Click here to read the press release: http://www.national....p?id=20050131-1

I am especially excited about the return of La Sylphide (in an odd pairing with The Cage- a company premiere). I think Chan Hon Goh will be lovely in it. It will be interesting to see how the younger dancers approach the challenging Bournonville style. Kudelka's Swan Lake, Cranko's Romeo and Juliet, and Jewels will be back again, plus an all Balanchine program consisting of Agon (another company premiere), the Four Temperaments (which we were supposed to see this season originally), and Theme and Variations. The season will also see the world premiere of a new Mrozewski ballet and the company premiere of Petrouchka. Overall it looks like it will be a strong season, and for 2006-2007 the NBoC and the COC move to the Four Seasons Opera House!

#2 studio company

studio company

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:31 PM

I couldn't agree more. I am thrilled with the new season. It seems like an overall strong group of ballets that the dancers will do wonderfully. I look foward to the performances.

#3 Paquita

Paquita

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:56 PM

There have been a few changes to the repertoire for next season.
The Cage has been replaced with Eliot Feld's Intermezzo, Agon has been replaced with Apollo, and the Mrozewski premiere has been pushed back (what ballet will go in its place is as yet unannounced).
So there will be less company premieres than we expected. It's a little dissapointing as I have never seen The Cage or Agon live before. However, I won't complain. Intermezzo is a beautiful work and I could watch Apollo over and over without ever tiring of it!

#4 sparklesocks

sparklesocks

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:01 PM

I am counting the days until Nov when I can go to see the National again. Now that there are a few dancers I adore, I look forward to this time of year more than ever. Apollo is something I intend to see a few times.

#5 Paquita

Paquita

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:45 PM

Hi sparklesocks! Welcome to the board :) I am also really excited for the fall season and Apollo is one of my favourite ballets. Which dancers are you looking forward to seeing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):