This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Dream Ballet Partnerships

BalletNut

Kirkland/Nureyev (they did dance together at least once, in a full-length Raymonda, and received a rave review from Barnes)

or, in a different, cooler tone:

Kirkland/Bruhn (two of ballet's all time perfectionists)

or, in case anyone doubts how much I loved Kirkland:

Kirkland/Nijinsky (in Les Sylphides: after all, De Valois is supposed to have described her as a young Pavlova)

and, just so I don't seem obsessive, or, at least, just to express some alternative obsessions:

Ringer/Nagy (two stunningly beautiful artists who both seem or seemed to enjoy connecting with their partners)

Ringer/Babilee (can't come up with an explanation but something to do with charisma, sex, and modernity)

If memory serves, Kirkland and Nureyev once danced a fabulous Corsaire pas de deux together.

It's too bad Farrell was too tall for Baryshnikov when he joined NYCB -- I don't know that it would have been a dream partnership, but it would have been fascinating to watch, I'm sure.

If memory serves, Kirkland and Nureyev once danced a fabulous Corsaire pas de deux together.

It's too bad Farrell was too tall for Baryshnikov when he joined NYCB -- I don't know that it would have been a dream partnership, but it would have been fascinating to watch, I'm sure.

Memory serves you well indeed dirac.

I too saw the fabulous Corsaire pas de deux of Kirkland and Nureyev at State Theatre, summer of 76. It was an ABT gala. :)

This has been mentioned before, I think, but Farrell and Nureyev.

Sizova and Soloviev (actually happened).

I think Carla Fracci and Peter Boal would be interesting to watch.

Lezhnina/Fadeyev, too, or better yet, Lezhnina/Soloviev.

Asylmuratova/Carreno.

Forgot one--imagine Lezhnina/Boal!

Edited by Hans
I think Carla Fracci and Peter Boal would be interesting to watch.
I must have missed this when it was first posted. What a fascinating pairing, but not one I would have ever imagined. :FIREdevil: Hans, I'd love to hear your reasons, especially as to Boal. Were you thinking of Fracci's partnership with Bruhn?

[Paris Opera Ballet: Stephane Buillion and Agnes Letestu ( Already cast in Les dame aux Camellias)

(Bala ManonHerve Moreau and Aurelie Dupont ( S. Waltz Romeo & Juliet) Solymosi (1)or IgorZaklinsky (2)and Darcey Bussell. 1. Tch. Pas de deux 2. Manon