This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Promotions at the Australian Ballet

In December last year it was announced that the following artist would be promoted to soloist:

Danielle Rowe,Christopher White, Tristan Message, Matthew Donnelly.

and the following to coryphee:

Leanne Stojmenov, Natalie Hill, Gina Brescianini, Timothy Farrar.

I'm so happy to see Danielle and Gina doing so well in the company. Danielle is from Adelaide (my home town), and my favourite dancer, she is becoming an amazing artist, and it's nice to see the tall girls getting somewhere.

Gina was a beautiful 'Young Duchess to be' and she is also really growing into her self.

Amber Scott also won the 2004 Telstra Young Dancer of the Year award, and the People's Choice Award.

She really deserved it. I saw her debut as Odette in Graeme Murphy's 'Swan Lake' last year, when she was still a corps de ballet member (she got promoted due to her incredible performance). Not only did she do well with the steps, she even had the emotion going. All the people around me were crying, and David McAllister (Artist Director, he sat behind me in the last act) looked very happy with her work.

We've had a few Scholarships:

NSW Friends Scholarship: Leanne Stojmenov

Diana Ramsay Scholarship: Danielle Hunt

DianaRamsay/George Garrett Scholarship: Ailsa Woodyard

Lisa Black Memorial Scholarship: Danielle Rowe

Freda Irving/Maurice Sullivan Scholarship: Paul Knobloch

New Members in the company are Dana Stephensen, Tzu-Chao Chou, Robyn Hendricks and Rudy Hawkes, from the Australian Ballet School, and Jacob Sofer from the Royal New Zealand ballet. Jacob was a 2002 grauate from the ABS.

Lisa Bolte a former principal artist is returning to dance in the 'La Sylphide' seasons.

And my congratulations to Madeleine Eastoe and Tim Harbour who were married in December and to Graeme Murphy and Janet Vernon, who also got married last year. Also congratulations to Kirsty Martin and Damien Welch who are expecting their first baby in April. (I would give you the link to this news release if the AB site was working :wacko: )

All of this is from the Australian Ballet Society Inc

Edited by nikki00