This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

on p. 565 of my book, paul, i have the 'princess zenobia' ballet listed, as being given in THAT'S DANCING, in an entry where i've misspelling charles laskey's name (w/out the 'e'). sigh.

the full movie is also 'around' tho' i've never seen a bright and shining copy myself.

thanks Dirac -- but did you realize that that video is not the movie but something in hte "Making of" series:

On Your Toes: ...The Making Of

George Balanchine's groundbreaking 1936 work that featured music by Rodgers and Hart is staged by choreographer Larry Fuller. Along with Haydee, the cast includes Birgit Keil, Randy Diamond, Vladimir Klos.

Do you know anything about these productions?

Paul

as i vaguely recall from one brief look at this 'making of...' vid. it amounts to a little feature on the creation of this choreographer's own rendering of 'on your toes' (mostly rehearsal footage, or so it now seems in retrospect)

quite unmemorable all around if mem. serves...

certainly it bears little or no relation to the original by balanchine.

[ February 28, 2002, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: rg ]

I did realize it was a "making of" movie instead of the thing itself; I probably should have clarified that when I included the link. However, I hadn't seen it myself, (which I also ought to have mentioned) so thanks for the appraisals. Never heard anything, positive or negative, about the production, but the cast doesn't sound terribly well suited to it, I must say.