This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

DRUM ROLL -- BIG NEWS -- PLEASE READ

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#16 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:27 AM

Ouch :D It hurts :( --but I will never know how you did it with your teaching load, and writing a book.

:D :( :wub: Our love to you and I am already looking forward to your first post.

#17 Nanatchka

Nanatchka

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:32 AM

Alexandra, you founded a cyber-country, and, when the time was right and ripe, handed it over to a parliament. Truly an act of noblesse oblige. We all thank you forever, and I want to add that I am happy to see that you are teaching--and we know you are a wonderful teacher-- the next generation of dancers and dance appreciators. That will be the best way of all to keep ballet alert for all of us. And yes, please, adminstrators, find a way to incorporate Alexandra's name into the site, if she doesn't mind! A reverence, Ballet Alert Mistress, deep and heartfelt. You are taking a curtain call with cyber-roses raining down from all sides, in a theater you built, and filled to the rafters.

#18 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:49 AM

Adding my voice to the others, I just wanted to thank you, Alexandra, for building a warm, engaging, thought-provoking, important forum for ballet. Your dedication to the enterprise was awesome and I hope we can carry on the mission as expertly and gracefully as you did. (Don't leave us too long).

#19 AmandaNYC

AmandaNYC

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:30 AM

THANK YOU, Alexandra!

-amanda

#20 dewdrop

dewdrop

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 09:07 AM

:D :D

#21 justafan

justafan

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:07 PM

I can't believe how saddened I was to read this thread. I had to chuckle to myself because it seems there is nothing to be sad about. Understandably, Alexandra wants some time for herself and she has seemed to have given careful consideration to how the board can continue. So, my reaction is really unreasonable.

But as a frequent visitor to the site, it's become part of my life. As a non-dancer and someone not involved in dance in any other capacity, this board has been my education and guide. The tenor and quality of discussion, as well as its wonderful organization, can't be an accident. I don't find it elsewhere, regardless of subject.

I just want to offer my gratitude and thanks. I hope Alexandra stays involved in some capacity. She has certainly given a gift to the arts with this board.

#22 GWTW

GWTW

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:38 PM

Thank you so much, Alexandra. Thanks to this site I rediscovered not only my love of ballet but also my pride in this love. How about calling you Administrator Assoluta?

#23 scoop

scoop

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:44 PM

Ohhhhh, I feel like having a good (virtual) cry. :D You're a class act, Alexandra, and I'll miss your guiding spirit. You should be proud of what you created; merde on your new venture!

And a big thank you to all of you who are carrying on what Alexandra started!

GROUP HUG! :D

#24 GeorgeB fan

GeorgeB fan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:10 PM

I can't even begin to say all much I am grateful to you Alexandra for creating this marvelous website!!! From my first post you have help me so much with your intelligence and knowledge. A superb job and the most deepest bow from a grateful fellow ballet lover!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :D :D :( :wub: :(

#25 BalletNut

BalletNut

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 09:00 PM

I'll add my voice to the chorus: :bow: :bow: :thanks: , Alexandra! You have created a wonderful, thriving community of ballet lovers from around the world. This is probably the only place on the internet where people can get together, talk about ballet, air their often radically differing opinions, and discuss them in a civilized and intelligent manner. You have provided a "safe space" to discuss ballet, and perhaps the only online discussion group I've been to (and I've posted on several) where I can state my opinions and be reasonably assured that I will not be sucked into a "flame war." I've seen plenty of flame wars on most of the other ballet/dance boards, and they aren't pretty; they are also hard to avoid, but you and your team have managed to do it. Congratulations, and thank you!

Thank you also to the new moderators/administrators, and the continuing ones, for keeping this wonderful community alive. Ballet Talk has been a lifeline for me, and I'm sure it has for other Ballet Nuts (that's my name, don't wear it out :3dnod:) as well.

So, another curtain call for Alexandra! :D :wub: :D :( :( :bow: Your efforts are appreciated, and you will be missed.

#26 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:22 AM

Alexandra, I'll add my voice to the chorus. As I first started to rediscover ballet this site was invaluable to me, and it still is. It is a unique community, and I am so grateful to you for creating and nurturing it. It's clear from all the comments here how much we all value this site, and your contribution to it. Thanks so much for your vision, and all your hard work.
Susan

#27 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 05:12 PM

:thanks:

Thank you, all of you.

:blush:

Good luck to Ari and Hockeyfan and Mel and Dale and Carbro and Natalia and Treefrog. You will do all great job. The great days of this forum are in the future!

:clapping:

And now, what could be more appropriate for my Final Official Act than to .....

close this thread :)

See you later!

:tiphat:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):